DFPS enters into contracts to provide services to clients to help them prevent or overcome abuse, neglect or exploitation. These services may also be provided through collaboration with other state agencies through an interagency agreements or memoranda of understanding.
Through these contracts, DFPS establishes the qualifications, service deliverables, reporting requirements, documentation requirements, payment methodology and performance measures for each service.
Adult Protective Services (APS) contract managers are responsible for:
- Establishing contracts.
- Managing and monitoring contracts according to the terms of each contract.
- Supporting caseworkers and other DFPS staff to help resolve performance issues or concerns.
- Collaborating with Contractors in the provision of quality services.
- Processing invoices for contracted services.
To monitor contracts, staff conduct on-site or desk review monitoring activities, review supporting documentation, assess compliance with reaching performance measure targets, and document findings relevant to how contractors comply with programmatic and financial requirements.
APS contracted services include:
- Nursing Facility Services
- Mental Health Assessment Services
- Personal Assistance Care Services
- Ongoing Support Services
- Current contracting opportunities can be found on the Electronic State Business Daily.
- Inquiries related to existing contracted services with DFPS for its APS clients should be directed to Begonia Almudi at (512) 364-5337.
- Regional APS contract staff contact information